- BSc, Nautical Studies, awarded by London University/Plymouth Polytechnic. (UK)- Majored in Transport Economics, Naval Architecture and Port Administration;
- Fellow and Past New Zealand Chairman of The Chartered Institute of Transport, current Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in Australia;
- Member of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects;
- Master Mariner Certificate of Competency (UK);
- Recipient of the Norman Spencer Award for services to the New Zealand Transport Industry in 1997; and
- Observer Member of the International Safety Panel of the International Cargo Handling Coordination Association, ICHCA..
EXPERIENCE & EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
Mick Payze has had extensive international experience in Developing and Managing Marine and Transport Enterprises including 17 years as General Manager or CEO.
- Shipping and Freight Enterprises Ltd – Principal/Consultant – Toronto, NSW, Australia – from May 2006 to present time – See Shipping and Freight Enterprises P/L
- P&O Ports, Sydney – Business Development Manager – Asia from January 2001 to December 2002, a position held pending an expected transfer to a CEO position offshore – See P&O Ports (Asia)
- NZL Group Ltd., New Zealand – Chief Executive from 1988 to 2000 – See NZL Group Ltd
- Shipping Corporation of New Zealand – started as Research and Development Manager and finished as Deputy Managing Director during the period 1974 – 1988 – See Shipping Corporation of New Zealand
- P&O Group – New Zealand Shipping Company, and Overseas Containers Limited, (OCL), at sea as a ship’s officer from 1961-1972 and P&O (NZ) Ltd, Wellington – Assistant Container Operations Manager from 1973 – 1974 – See New Zealand Shipping Company (NZSCo) and P&O Group